Thursday, May 2 Keynote Speaker:
Rosa G. Molina is a recently retired 35 year K-12 educator who has had extensive experience as a teacher, school and district administration, professional developer, nationally known speaker and author. After extensive experience in leading one of the first Two-Way Bilingual Immersion programs in California, Molina was awarded a National Academic Excellence grant to disseminate the program model throughout the United States. In this role, she helped co-found the first technical support organization in the U.S. for Two Way teachers. She also lead the effort to organize the national Two-Way Bilingual Immersion Conference which is now in its 21st year. Rosa currently serves as the executive director of a new non-profit organization, the Association of Two-Way & Dual Language – ATDLE. This work takes her and her team to schools, districts and programs throughout California and the United States providing technical assistance and professional training for Two-Way and Dual Language teachers.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- MA degree in Organization & Leadership – University of
San Francisco 1980
- Bilingual educator, reading specialist, principal, staff
development manager, bilingual program director,
elementary director, assistant superintendent of
curriculum and instruction.
- Professional development trainer, consultant in Two-Way
Bilingual Immersion Education 1995-2012
- Co-founder of Two-Way CABE & Executive Director 4 yrs
- Co-Founder & Executive Director of The Association of Two-Way & Dual Language Education (ATDLE)
- Recipient of the 2011 Asa Hilliard Award, “Outstanding
Achievement in Racial Equity” Pacific Education Group